This will be a busy and varied role providing support to the Architecture, Building Surveying and Town Planning departments on a wide range of projects, for a wide range of sectors including, education, commercial, industrial, residential and heritage work in all forms of construction.
This new full time position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to work alongside our existing dynamic team and demonstrate their ambition, drive and passion for delivering a great service, as well as maintaining and growing our diverse client base.
A professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Working with the architectural team to develop schemes for clients through all stages.
- Carry out technical design of all stages from feasibility, concept development, detailed design, contract documentation and contract administration.
- Preparation of drawings, specifications and schedules of work.
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams across all RIBA Stages, acting as lead coordinator to manage the external design teams to meet project objectives.
- Have an in depth understanding of construction detailing and a strong technical ability with experience of checking and commenting on subcontractors’ drawings, capable of coordinating between multiple subcontractors to facilitate accurate construction information whilst being competent in liaising directly with the company’s site teams and the relevant subcontractors on site.
- Familiar in the use of industry regulatory design documentation and guidance such as building regulations, CDM regulations and building bulletins with experience of dealing directly with building control and principal designers.
- Responsibility to engage in relevant CPD events; to expand and update specialist knowledge relating to the profession.
- To act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of the profession as required by the CIAT codes of conduct.
Qualifications and skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills, solid organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative but understand the level of responsibility within the team.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- ACIAT qualified.
- Revit (essential, minimum three years)
- AutoCAD (essential, minimum three years)
- NBS Chorus (desirable).
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines to meet the technical demands of the Company’s existing and potential client base.
- Experience in using CAD/BIM software.
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists, a BSc or equivalent accredited university Architectural Technology Degree.
- Hold a current site CSCS card or is prepared to attain one imminently.
- Strong technical written, verbal and graphical presentation skills.
- Full understanding of relevant construction, health and safety legislation, planning standards and UK building regulations.
Salary Dependant on experience and qualifications.
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum
- Auto enrolment into the Company Pension Scheme on successful completion of probationary period (three months).
- Professional membership fees paid.
- Regular CPD.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Lawrence McBurney email: email@example.com