The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a multidiscipline team made up of building surveyors, architects, planners, technicians and principal designers. Our teams work with blue chip clients on a range of property types within the education, local authority, healthcare, residential and commercial sectors.
The successful candidate will be client facing and will have control over their own workload, managing their own projects and complimenting the design team with other professionals as required.
Our team in Chester has been growing over the last five years and we wish to focus on expansion with ambitious and talented professionals.
- Project management and design works of projects with a value between £50k and £2m+.
- Condition surveys of commercial buildings.
- Fire risk assessment.
- Traditional building surveying duties including party wall, schedule of condition, schedule of dilapidation, defect diagnosis.
- Health and Safety compliance works.
- Heritage works.
- Access consultancy works and surveys.
- Building reinstatement cost assessments.
Qualifications and skills
- Member of RICS working towards APC and Chartership status.
- A thorough knowledge of general surveying duties and project management.
- Preparation of budget estimates for clients.
- Two to four years’ post qualification experience.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Good standard of IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD and NBS Chorus.
- Be a good communicator, dealing with clients, other professionals and contractors.
- Ability to work on own initiative but understand the level of responsibility within the team.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic, confident and adaptable to the pressures of our profession.
- A professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Attention to detail with good report writing skills.
- Salary fully dependent on the level of experience.
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum plus with days’ paid bank holidays per annum.
- Auto enrolment into the company pension scheme on successful completion of probationary period.
- Professional membership fees paid.
- Planned progression route for development within the business.
- Core hours of 37.5 hours per week with flexibility over the working hours.
- Regular team and company events throughout the year.
- Regular CPD and training available throughout the year.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to David Owen email: email@example.com