BACK TO OUR WORK LANDING PAGE
Student Guild, University of Liverpool
- Client: The University of Liverpool
- Type: Refurbishment
- Value: £620,000
- Status: Completed
Cassidy + Ashton was appointed by The University of Liverpool to provide internal refurbishment to the Student Guild and a new accessible entrance off University Square.
The Guild is a Grade ll Listed Building and is one of the last surviving buildings by Sir Charles Herbert Reilly.
Our scope of works comprised of the following:
- To provide a new corporate entrance to the Guild Building.
- To reinforce the position of the Guild Building as being at the “heart” of the campus and by physically linking it with University Square.
- Improve accessibility to the Listed Building and future proof its use by creating an administrative base on the ground floor of the building.
- Refurbish the historic interiors designed by Reilly to provide a first class Exhibition and Assembly space.
- To safeguard a valuable historic building by repairing/renewing the roof to any further damage to the historic interiors.
Project architect: Susan McBain