The Lodge, Clitheroe Road
Large contemporary extension and refurbishment of former gate house lodge of the Bramley Meade estate, to form bespoke large family dwelling.
The Lodge stands prominently at what was formerly the gated main entrance to Bramley Meade, a detached mansion sited amid extensive grounds and built around 1882 for the textile manufacturer Richard Thompson. Bramley Meade was one of a number of prestigious residences built north of Whalley in the late 19th century. In the 20th century Bramley Meade become a maternity hospital, a role which had ceased by 1992, following which the building once again became a private residence.
- Location: Whalley
- Client: Private Client
- Type: Remodelling and extension
- Status: On site