This will be a busy and varied role providing support to the Architecture and Town Planning departments across a wide range of projects, for a wide range of sectors including insurance, commercial, industrial, residential and heritage work in all forms of construction.
This new position provides a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to demonstrate their ambition, drive and passion for delivering a great service, as well as delivering our values.
A professional manner and good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Working with the Architectural team to develop schemes for client through all stages.
- Carry out technical design of all stages from feasibility, concept development, detailed design, contract documentation and contract administration.
- Preparation of drawings, specifications and schedules of work.
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Responsibility to engage in relevant CPD events; to expand and update specialist knowledge relating to the profession.
- To act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of the profession as required by the CIAT codes of conduct.
Qualifications and skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills, solid organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative but understand the level of responsibility within the team.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- ACIAT qualified.
- Revit (essential, minimum five years).
- AutoCAD (preferred but not essential).
- NBS Chorus.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines to meet the technical demands of the company’s existing and potential client base.
- Experience in using CAD/BIM software.
- Experience of multi sector projects.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists, a BSc or equivalent accredited university Architectural Technology Degree.
- Have a proven track record of developing and maintaining successful client relationships and of delivering significant projects to completion.
- Hold a current site CSCS card or is prepared to attain one imminently.
- Strong technical written, verbal and graphical presentation skills.
- Competitive based upon experience.
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum plus with days’ paid bank holidays per annum.
- Remote working offered one day per week of your choice.
- Auto enrolment into the Company Pension Scheme on successful completion of probationary period.
- Professional membership fees paid.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter addressed to Alistair Baines email: firstname.lastname@example.org